The Heber Springs Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a talented, hard working person to fill the position of Director of Marketing and Communications.
This is a full-time position 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, with evenings and weekends as necessary to fulfill the duties of the position.
Position Overview: Working with the President/CEO for the on-boarding of new members and membership retention and development efforts, event planning, and marketing. This is to be completed through a variety of avenues and requires a very proactive approach to customer service.
1. Develop excellent knowledge of Chamber member benefits to understand and address members’ needs
2. Design and distribute monthly e-newsletter and special email notifications to members
3. Manage membership development and retention, including tracking of member benefits, scheduling of member events and identification of prospective members
4. Coordinate new member on-boarding process
5. Prepare member retention and other reports
6. Develop expertise in using membership database software
7. Represent Chamber at events
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
9. Manage office processes; payables, receivables, supplies, software updates and other duties as assigned
10. Coordinate events with the President/CEO
Confident and enthusiastic, experience in customer service, ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, excellent telephone skills with a thorough knowledge of telephone etiquette, ability to create a positive impression of the Chamber while responding to members either by telephone or in person, personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, members, and the public, organized, detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities, ability to learn membership database software.
Additional Skills: Volunteer management, event coordinating, social media and marketing, graphic design
Applications will be accepted until July 31, 2020 or until filled. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com